Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Irrational Fear of Heart Tandem Skydiving

Years ago,
I decided I required courage.
My imagination runs away with me sometimes,
which is how I end up with these
worst case scenarios: heart hostage crises,
heart kidnappings, heart tandem skydiving accidents.
I have a Groupon for skydiving, yet
I'm still terrified of your opinion of me.
(and your opinion of my opinion of you.)
My self esteem has worked
tirelessly alongside my ego to construct an
appropriate Reading List, so that I may not
stray to the forbidden shelves in the library of
my long term memory as I devise a
best guess of what's on your mind (and
heart).
Real courage implies facing one's fears and
I hide behind a thesaurus.
Holder of parachute,
I cannot face you
and
if I had real courage,
I would face myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment